Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My invitation!

So, I talked to my placement officer again, and he said he put my invitation to Turkmenistan in the mail yesterday! I should have all sorts of information to give you once I get my invitation packet! For now, my recruiter gave me a link that might be helpful: http://www.friendsofturkmenistan.org/

Once I get the packet, I'll have 10 days to make my decision about whether or not to go to Turkmenistan. I'm sure that I'll say yes, but I'll keep all of you updated on my decision as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Turkmenistan! I am so happy for you! Take me with you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and stay safe - will let everyone in Health Science know where you are and what you're doing - take care and best of luck-
Cox

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, Andrea!
My daughter, Josie Herzog is a T-15, an English teacher serving in Balkanabat, Turkmenistan. She has also has/had children's clubs and a camp this past summer. The children and families there were very receptive to these activities, so it's great that you are thinking of them, too.
Turkmenistan is experiencing a transition with its new leader, possibly forging a new relationship with the rest of the world. Mr. Berdymuhammedov speaks at the U.N. next week.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Jeanne Herzog