Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Turkmenistan!! (and my attempt to practice uploading pictures)

I accepted my invitation to Turkmenistan last week! They have sent be a whole packet of more paperwork to fill out (of course). Right now I'm working on applying for my new passport and visa, as well as updating my resume and writing my aspirations statement.

Here's what Turkmenistan looks like, in case you have googled it yet:


Remember to check the right side of this page for new links to information about Turkmenistan and the Peace Corps in general.


Packing will be a huge issue. So far I have very nice hiking backpack, a really warm sleeping bag, and a few other helpful things (thanks to Mom, Aunt Susie, and Grandmother!). My dad plans to get me a digital camera, so I'm good there. I updated my wish list on the right for those who still need birthday present ideas. Gift cards to places like Target are also welcome. Honestly, I really don't plan to take much else because I should be able to buy stuff there...and if I can't then it probably isn't critical that I have it. If everyone who currently lives there can manage without it, I believe that I can as well. A really great birthday present would just be hanging out with me before I go. I know that I will miss everyone when I'm gone, so I'd like to spend as much time with the people I care about as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, the links apear on the right not the left. Second, how big of a world map are we talkin here? Third, what size sock do you wear? Fourth, will you be staying with other volunteers are living on your own?

I think that is every question that I have so far.

P.S. We must fix video chat before you go.

Anonymous said...

We read your blog. Sounds like New Years was great. I hope our Christmas package gets there before Easter. Ha Ha.
Have fun.

Bill and Jill